Michigan Attorneys for Emergency Room Errors
Emergency rooms can be a scary place. You go in with what could be a serious medical problem and trust that the doctors will help. Your life is in their hands. When doctors and nurses are negligent, patients pay the price.
Emergency Room Error FAQs
I think my doctor made a mistake. What next?
If you believe that you or a loved one suffered injury and damages due to negligence at the hands of medical professionals, contact Hoffer & Sheremet. The next steps would typically include the following:
- Gather and review medical records;
- Retain expert witnesses;
- Speak to treatment providers about your prognosis;
- Interview you and close loved ones regarding the impact the injury has had on your life;
- Calculate your medical expenses, out of pocket expenses, lost wages, loss of future earnings and other economic damages;
- Send a demand letter to the hospital and medical providers to attempt pre-suit settlement;
- Serve a Notice of Intent on the hospital and medical providers;
- At the expiration of the Notice of Intent waiting period, file the Complaint and Affidavit of Merit to initiate litigation;
- Conduct discovery;
- Handle motions, court proceedings, and facilitation;
- Go to trial if there is no settlement.
Get the compassion and compensation you deserve.
At Hoffer & Sheremet, our team will truly get to know you, your family, and how the malpractice affected your life. We listen to you. Our unique team approach helps us get you the best settlement you can. If you believe that you or a loved one suffered injury and damages due to negligence at the hands of medical professionals, contact Hoffer & Sheremet today for a free consultation, or fill out the form below.
Start Your Free Case Review
Or call us at 616.278.0888. No appointment is necessary for an initial phone consultation.