Introduction: Cerebral palsy is a life-altering condition that can result from birth injuries caused by medical negligence. If you find yourself facing the challenges of caring for a child with cerebral palsy due to medical malpractice, seeking the assistance of a cerebral palsy lawyer is crucial. In this article, we’ll guide you through what to expect when working with a cerebral palsy lawyer from a reputable birth injury law firm, such as Grand Rapids Birth Injury Law Firm Hoffer & Sheremet, PLC.
- Expertise in Birth Injury Cases: Cerebral palsy cases require specialized knowledge in both medical and legal aspects. A proficient cerebral palsy lawyer from a reputable birth injury law firm will have experience handling similar cases, understanding the intricacies of medical records, and collaborating with medical experts to build a strong case.
- Compassionate Approach: Dealing with the aftermath of a birth injury can be emotionally challenging. A compassionate cerebral palsy lawyer understands the emotional toll on families and provides the necessary support. They will take the time to listen to your story, answer your questions, and offer empathy throughout the legal process.
- Thorough Investigation: A crucial aspect of any cerebral palsy case is a thorough investigation. Your lawyer will work with medical professionals to examine the details of the birth, identify any signs of medical negligence, and gather evidence to support your case. This may involve reviewing medical records, consulting experts, and interviewing witnesses.
- Determining Liability: Identifying the responsible party is a key step in pursuing a cerebral palsy case. A skilled lawyer will assess the actions of healthcare providers, hospitals, or any other relevant parties to determine liability. This process is essential for building a strong case and seeking appropriate compensation.
- Negotiation and Settlement: Many birth injury cases are resolved through negotiation or settlement outside the courtroom. Your cerebral palsy lawyer will engage in discussions with the opposing party, typically insurance companies, to secure a fair settlement that covers medical expenses, ongoing care, and other damages. Their negotiation skills play a crucial role in achieving the best possible outcome for your family.
- Trial Representation: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, your lawyer will be prepared to take the case to trial. A cerebral palsy lawyer with trial experience will present your case persuasively in court, using evidence and expert testimony to advocate for your rights. They will guide you through each step of the trial process, ensuring you are well-prepared and informed.
- Client Communication: Open and transparent communication is vital throughout the legal process. A reputable cerebral palsy lawyer will keep you informed about the progress of your case, explain legal proceedings in a clear manner, and promptly address any concerns you may have.
Working With a Cerebral Palsy Lawyer Begins With a Phone Call, Email or Consultation Form
The first step in having Hoffer & Sheremet review your child’s case is to call the office and give Keely or Emily an overview of what happened, send us an email, or complete our case review form. Once they have your overview, if there is potentially a case, they will schedule a meeting for you with Attorneys Stephanie Hoffer and Aubri Sheremet. This can be a phone meeting, virtual, or in person.
During your consultation, you will have a chance to discuss your child’s situation in detail. We will ask additional questions as you describe what happened. During the consultation, you will also have the opportunity to ask important questions.
At the end of the consultation, your lawyer will explain next steps.
Find a Qualified Cerebral Palsy Lawyer in Grand Rapids
Facing a cerebral palsy diagnosis due to a birth injury is a challenging journey.
If you believe that your child’s cerebral palsy was caused by negligent doctors and healthcare providers, you might be correct. The only way to find out for sure is to get in touch with an experienced cerebral palsy lawyer in Grand Rapids. Choose Hoffer & Sheremet, PLC, to discuss your unique situation in more detail. We know that cerebral palsy can be especially distressing for both parents and children – and you deserve to explore your legal options alongside a qualified attorney. Reach out today to get started.